Friday, November 12, 2010

19 Week Ultrasound

We had our 19 week ultrasound this week. All good news!

They first checked my cervix to make sure it is holding up and staying strong. Apparently they wanted my cervix at this appointment to be at least 2.5 cm and closed. When the ultrasound tech first looked she was AMAZED because mine was 3.7 cm and closed. They told me that is really really good and above average. I have already spent a TON of time during this pregnancy in bed or laying on the couch due to horrible morning sickness and fatigue and the doctors think this has kept so much gravity off of the cervix and prevented it from shortening.

Our clinic typically places triplet people on bedrest between 18-24 weeks but I have not heard them mention this to me yet. I am hoping that because I am already spending so much time lying down and my cervix is so long that they might delay bedrest for me. That would be so nice. Not looking forward to being entirely immobile- although I am not very active right now.

Also, my morning sickness is 100% gone! I feel like I can eat like my old self again and have not had any bouts with gagging recently. That is such a HUGE relief I can't even tell you.

The ultrasound tech also scanned for signs of TTTS and there were none. Earlier in the week, I started having random anxiety about TTTS. I have been searching lots of Mothers of Multiple sites for a night nanny for when we bring the babies home and came across several moms recently diagnosed with TTTS and it started to really scare me. However, the doctors told me that based on everything they have seen on my ultrasounds, they have reduced my chance of getting TTTS from 15% to 5%. That was such a HUGE relief for both Grant and I. This has been such a huge learning experience for me, as I had no idea before this pregnancy that identical twin pregnancies are the highest risk pregnancies you can have, because of TTTS. It is one scary monster. But, so far so good!

And now for some pictures! The babies were at good angles today so we got some good profile pictures too.

Baby A

A profile picture of Baby A.


Baby A hangs out at the bottom of my tummy and always tickles me in a certain spot at the bottom. The ultrasound tech caught a shot of his hand right as he was tickling me. Here it is!



Baby B

A profile picture of Baby B.


Here is a really cute Halloween-like picture of Baby B holding both of his hands up to his face.




Baby C

A profile picture of Baby C with his mouth wide open.


And here is a picture of Baby C's arm.


Next week we have our detailed 20 week ultrasound where they take a million measurements. I told the doctor I was nervous for it but she told me that our detailed 16 week ultrasound indicated that we should not worry about anything with the 20 week ultrasound. So, that relieved me. I will have more pictures to post after next week I am sure.

Until next week,

Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment